Chipping Sodbury Cricket Club is fully committed to the principles of equality of opportunity, to ensuring that its employees, members and all other individuals working or volunteering for the Club, are treated fairly and are able to conduct their activities free from discrimination, harassment or intimidation.
CSCC is further committed to ensuring that all children (boys and girls under the age of 18) participating in cricket have a safe and positive experience.
This page details the code of conduct that we expect players, parents and visitors to adhere to. There is also a pdf document covering a range of policies specfically aimed at protecting children, including data protection.
Please read this information and share with your children, so that you fully understand what you can expect from the club, and what the club expects from you.See the Child Welfare Poster
As a member of Chipping Sodbury Cricket Club youth players are expected to abide by the following youth code of conduct:
- All players must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- Cricket shirts must be tucked in during matches.
- All litter must be put in the bins, not left on the ground for other members of the cricket club to pick up.
- All players must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Players should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or matches, it is essential that the coach or team manager is informed if they are going to be late or absent.
- Members must wear suitable kit for training and match sessions. From U10 onwards this must include an approved club shirt (other items as agreed with the coach/team manager).
- Members must pay any fees for annual subs or events promptly.
- Youth players are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club.
- Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
- Inappropriate language will not be tolerated whilst representing the club.
- All players must take an active role in playing, watching & supporting throughout matches. Members should not take part in activities such as football, darts & watching TV! Support your team mates and learn from what’s happening on the pitch.
- Appropriate protective equipment (including helmets for Under 18s) must be worn at all times by members who are using training facilities and also those playing in matches.
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept the decisions and judgment of officials, team managers, and coaches.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Encourage and guide performers to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.